Are you investigating basic mechanisms of disease? Are you sitting on a new technology or potential pharmacotherapy with clinical potential, yet the developmental know-how is lacking? Why not let the SPARK-BIH program enhance the translatability of your innovative technology!
Proposals are evaluated on the basis of:
- Scope of unmet clinical need
- Novelty of approach
- Feasibility (budget and time)
- Quality of data
- Suitability of team
- Marketability/probability of commercialization
Some examples of past and current projects include unmet needs in pediatric, neglected or orphan diseases, cardiovascular, oncology, inflammatory, respiratory, neurological, autoimmune indications and infectious disease. We will consider small molecule, biologics, medical devices and diagnostics applications in these areas and other indications with high unmet medical need.
The funding program of consists of two different tracks and funding is strictly milestone-based:
- Track 1 projects are usually earlier in the development timeline and track 1 funding covers projects with a budget of up to 50k € for one year.
- Track 2 projects are further along the development timeline and must meet strict requirements regarding intellectual property rights and market access strategies. Funding covers projects with a financial need of more than 50k € for up to two years.