+++ CALL FOR PROPOSALS NOW OPEN +++
SPARK-BIH is very pleased to announce that the SPARK-BIH Call for 2021 project proposals is now open! BIH and Charité scientists and clinicians at all career levels are invited to submit translational project applications until May 31, 2021 (14:00 CET).
Information on the application process and guiding documents are available here.
Do you work on a new technology, therapy or medical solution with clinical potential, but the developmental know-how is lacking? Do you want to validate your research findings with the goal of translating these into therapies, products or services? Why not let the SPARK-BIH program enhance the translatability of your innovative technology!
SPARK-BIH supports the development of novel therapeutics (small molecule, biologics, ATMP, gene therapy), medical devices and diagnostics, as well as the repurposing of existing drugs for new indications. Translational research projects can come from any medical field. SPARK-BIH empowers project teams to overcome translational hurdles through Education, Mentoring, Funding & Entrepreneurship support.
All project proposals have to demonstrate a translational relevance. Essential evaluation criteria include:
- Scope of unmet clinical need
- Novelty of approach
- Fit of proposed solution to unmet clinical need
- Feasibility (budget and time)
- Quality of data
- Suitability of team
- Marketability/probability of commercialization
Some examples of past and current projects include unmet needs in pediatric, neglected or orphan diseases, cardiovascular, oncology, inflammatory, respiratory, neurological, autoimmune indications and infectious disease. An overview of past and current SPARK project teams and their translational projects can be found in our SPARK-BIH Booklet.
The SPARK-BIH funding program consists of two different tracks, Track 1 and Track 2.
- Track 1 projects are usually earlier in the development timeline. Funding can be granted for up to 50.000 €. The funding period is max. one year.
- Track 2 projects are further along the development timeline and must meet strict requirements regarding intellectual property rights and market access strategies. Funding can be granted for more than 50.000 €. The funding period is max. two years.