+++ SPARK-BIH CALL FOR PROPOSALS OPEN UNTIL MAY 31, 2021 +++
Scientists and clinicians of all career stages at Charité including BIH are invited to apply for the SPARK-BIH program with proposals for translational projects in the area of drug development, medical device technology and diagnostics in all medical fields. Project submission will be accepted until May 31, 2021 (14:00 CET).
Please click here to find more details on the application process and to apply for the SPARK-BIH program.
Do you work on a new technology, therapy or medical solution with clinical potential, but the developmental know-how is lacking? Do you want to validate your research findings with the goal of translating these into therapies, products or services? Why not let the SPARK-BIH program enhance the translatability of your innovative technology!
SPARK-BIH supports the development of novel therapeutics (small molecule, biologics, ATMP, gene therapy), medical devices and diagnostics, as well as the repurposing of existing drugs for new indications. Translational research projects can come from any medical field. SPARK-BIH empowers project teams to overcome translational hurdles through Education, Mentoring, Funding & Entrepreneurship support.
All project proposals have to demonstrate a translational relevance. Essential evaluation criteria include:
- Scope of unmet clinical need
- Novelty of approach
- Fit of proposed solution to unmet clinical need
- Feasibility (budget and time)
- Quality of data
- Suitability of team
- Marketability/probability of commercialization
Some examples of past and current projects include unmet needs in pediatric, neglected or orphan diseases, cardiovascular, oncology, inflammatory, respiratory, neurological, autoimmune indications and infectious disease. An overview of our SPARK-BIH project teams and their translational projects can be found in our SPARK-BIH Booklet.
The SPARK-BIH funding program consists of two different tracks, Track 1 and Track 2.
- Track 1 projects are usually earlier in the development timeline. Funding can be granted for up to 50.000 €. The funding period is max. one year.
- Track 2 projects are further along the development timeline and must meet strict requirements regarding intellectual property rights and market access strategies. Funding can be granted for more than 50.000 €. The funding period is max. two years.